Should you choose Logitech Performance MX or Logitech MX Master? These are wireless mice designed for productivity and easy navigation. Logitech Performance MX used to be one of the best-selling models, but the successor Logitech MX Master comes with some additional features. Continue reading below to see the comparisons of Logitech Performance MX vs MX Master.
By the end of this article, you will have a good idea about:
– Which one of the two mice that is more comfortable
– Which one of the two mice that allows easier navigation, and
– Which one of the two mice that gives the best value for the money
Design and Features
The older model, Logitech Performance MX, has a very comfortable ergonomic design. It is designed for the right hand, with a distinctive curve on the thumb area. On this part, there is a textured rubber grip which feels very nice. Two additional buttons are placed within easy reach of the thumb, very handy for moving backward and forward through web pages. There are also indicator lights to show the remaining battery power.
Logitech Performance MX is already equipped with the HyperFast scrolling mode. With this feature, you can easily scroll through long documents and web pages at a blazing speed. This may seem trivial, but you will love it very much once you try it.
Logitech MX Master comes with a similar ergonomic design, but the thumb pad is wider and flatter. It is still quite comfortable. This minor change is to accommodate a new feature on this new mouse, which is the unique thumb wheel. See also: Logitech MX Master vs G900.
As you can see on the left side of the mouse, there is a unique thumb wheel which enables you to perform horizontal scrolling easily. This is very useful in design works and navigating wide pages. The battery indicator is at the front end of the thumb pad.
Logitech Performance MX connects using a wireless USB dongle. It can only connect to one computer at a time. This is fine, but the new model comes with more connectivity options.
On the other hand, according to Logitech , the new Logitech MX Master comes with both the Unifying receiver and Bluetooth Smart. Using the Bluetooth Smart technology, this mouse can connect to three computers simultaneously. You can switch between the computers easily with a button. This is a great feature for people who often work with multiple devices.
Both Logitech Performance MX and Logitech MX Master use the Darkfield Laser technology. This technology enables them to track on various surfaces without needing a mouse pad. They can even track on glass with a minimum thickness of 4 mm. Their tracking performance is good, suitable for most work purposes.
|Name||Logitech Performance MX||Logitech Performance MX Master|
|Key Features||- New Logitech Darkfield Laser Tracking works on more surfaces than other mice—even on glass
- Tiny Logitech Unifying receiver stays in your computer— plug it in, forget it, even add compatible wireless devices without multiple USB receivers
- Flexible recharging system for easy charging through your computer or a power outlet, even when you're using your mouse||- Cross-Computer Control - Logitech Flow allows you to seamlessly control multiple devices and even copy-paste content and documents between those computers
- Tracks Virtually Anywhere - even on glass. System Requirements - Bluetooth - Windows 8 or later Windows 10 or later Mac OS X 10.10 or later. Unifying Receiver - Windows 8, Windows 7 Mac OS X 10.10 or later |
|Best Offer*||Save Money Please click here||Save Money Please click here|
Between Logitech Performance MX vs MX Master, we recommend you to choose Logitech MX Master. This newer model comes with better features and connectivity options. It has a thumb wheel for easy horizontal scrolling and Bluetooth Smart to connect to multiple devices at the same time.