If you are looking for a comfortable mouse for work, Microsoft Surface Precision is a good choice. If you want to use it for other purposes, you may need to think twice. In the Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse review below, we will see the good things about the wireless mouse along with its significant weakness.
Comfort is one key advantage of Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse. This mouse is very comfortable to hold. It is not very bulky, but it fits nicely in the hand. The ergonomic shape is designed for the right hand. It measures about 4.8 inches x 3.05 inches x 1.7 inches, and it is very lightweight at 4.76 oz. Nevertheless, this mouse is best for people who prefer a palm grip rather than those who prefer to put their fingers on smaller mice.
The lightweight design combines very well with the smooth bottom surface. The mouse is able to glide very smoothly on various types of surfaces. It performs well on beaten work mouse pads as well as on sleek gaming mouse pads.
Even so, you should think twice before using Microsoft Surface Precision for gaming. Despite the great design and features, this mouse is plagued with a connectivity issue. When operating in the wireless mode, it often experiences lags. The problem only happens occasionally, but it still is a big problem for gaming. At least, that becomes a less serious issue if you only use it for work.
Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse has a total of six programmable buttons, including the left and right clicks and the scroll wheel button. The customization is very useful for various office tasks. It can enhance your workflow to be smoother and more efficient. The scroll wheel is also adjustable, which is really great.
Note that the customization requires the Mouse and Keyboard Center Software, which is not available for Windows 10 S and macOS X. This mouse can operate on Windows 7 devices but only in the USB mode. So, Microsoft Surface Precision is best for Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 devices which support at least Bluetooth 4.0.
|- Surface Precision Mouse helps you stay productive, and in the flow with flawless transitions between devices, patented magnetic scrolling for precise control, and a customizable design with three programmable buttons
- Surface Precision Mouse gives you more multi-tasking power by allowing you to pair with, and work seamlessly across, up to three computers
- Rechargeable Lithium ion battery that lasts up to 3 Months
- Windows 10 home, Windows 10 Pro, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 s, Windows 7 (USB mode only, cable included) and Mac OSX compatible
- USB 2.1, Bluetooth Low energy 4.0/4.1/4.2 compatible |
Microsoft Surface Precision is a good choice for work. Comfort is the key advantage. It is very comfortable, and it glides very smoothly. The customization is quite useful. However, the occasional lags make it not suitable for other purposes.
Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse: Specifications
Interface: USB 2.1 or Bluetooth Low Energy 4.0/4.1/4.2
Dimensions: 4.8 x 3.05 x 1.7 inches (122.6 mm x 77.6 mm x 43.3 mm)
Weight: 4.76 ounces (135 grams)
Design: Ergonomic with side grips
Scrolling: Customizable horizontal and vertical scrolling
Buttons: 6 buttons, including right/left clicks and the scroll wheel button
Battery: Lithium ion, rechargeable
Battery Life: Up to 3 months
– Windows 10, Windows 8.1 – fully customizable
– Windows 10 S, macOS X – not customizable
– Windows 7 – USB mode only
– For wireless mode, the host device(s) must support Bluetooth 4.0 or higher (many Apple and Windows 7 devices don’t support these versions)
– Customization (on the buttons and Smart Switch) only available through the Mouse and Keyboard Center Software, which is not available on Windows 10 S or macOS X
Warranty: 1-year limited hardware warranty
Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse: Pros and Cons
– Very comfortable grip
– The adjustable scroll wheel is very nice
– The software is easy to use
– Good for productivity
– May experience occasional lags from time to time
Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse: Price
Check the best price for Microsoft Surface Precision Mouse here!